Vital Interaction is honored to have been named to Capterra’s 2023 Patient Engagement Software Shortlist. Capterra, a trusted online resource for software selection, analyzed 308 patient engagement software products to identify the healthcare industry’s most popular and highly rated solutions. Formerly named the Capterra Top 20, Capterra Shortlist is an independent assessment that evaluates trusted reviews from verified software users, exclusive data, and online search activity to generate a list of market leaders.
“We are proud that so many great medical practices trust Vital Interaction to effectively manage their patient communication, reactivation, and retention efforts,” said Ben Chapman, CEO of Vital Interaction. “This award reinforces what we so often hear from our customers about how our solutions help deliver better patient outcomes, more efficient workflows for staff, and increased profitability for practices.”
About Vital Interaction
A leader in patient communication technology, Vital Interaction specializes in patient reactivation and retention. 10,000 providers trust Vital Interaction to facilitate more than 40 million messages to 2.5 million patients each year. Vital Interaction’s Smart List Engine constantly scans the practice management system using specific criteria like appointment, clinical, and billing data, to generate automated, customizable campaigns for targeted patient outreach. Smart List Engine can automatically identify and engage at risk patients, encourage them to schedule appointments, and measure the effectiveness of outreach efforts.
Methodology for Capterra Shortlist selection
The Capterra Shortlist methodology scores vendors on two dimensions: User Ratings and Popularity. The Ratings component considers the overall user ratings of products based on reviews written in the last 24 months. Users rate products on a scale of 1 star (lowest) to 5 stars (highest). The Popularity component is made up of the average monthly search volume for a standardized set of keywords for each product, as derived by a proprietary search methodology. Additionally, the position of the vendor’s domain on the search engine results page (SERP) for each keyword is considered, measuring user interest and relevance.
To be eligible for the Capterra Shortlist, software products must also meet certain criteria:
- Product has at least 20 unique product reviews published on Capterra within 24 months of the start of the research process for a given report.
- Product shows evidence of offering required functionality as demonstrated by publicly-available sources, such as the vendor’s website.
- Product serves North American users, as demonstrated by product reviews submitted from that region.
- Product is relevant to software buyers across industries or sectors—no “niche” solutions that cater exclusively to one specific type of user, as determined by our analysis of user reviews and/or market research.
- Product achieves a minimum normalized overall user-review rating,
- Product achieves a minimum popularity score.